Recently, the national Center for Disease Control released new guidelines regarding social distancing and masks yesterday, and Governor Cooper announced related changes to pandemic restrictions in North Carolina. While the pandemic is not fully behind us, and we need to continue to be mindful of and concerned for all those with health vulnerabilities, our congregation is implementing the recent federal and state guidance in our worship services.
Here’s what to expect when you join us for worship at Hope Lutheran Church.
- Social distancing will not be required. Open seating in the sanctuary will be available. For those who wish to maintain social distancing, seating will be available for this weekend in the back of the church, in the front wings, and in the balcony.
- Masks will not be required, but are still strongly recommended for those who are not fully vaccinated.
- Children will be invited to come forward to the altar area for the children’s message.
- Holy Communion will be served in continuous line fashion via the center aisle, and the altar rail will be available for private prayer after receiving communion.
- Individual communion cups will be used, and not the common cup (chalice) at this time.
- Those who are preparing and serving Communion will continue to wear masks and gloves for the time being.
- Instead of passing the offering plate during the worship services, the offering will be collected at the exit doors.
- Currently, we are not using handshakes/hugs during the opening greeting time, in the sharing of peace, and at exit doors.
- Use the entrance doors in the narthex, or the red doors off the circle drive. Hand sanitizer stations are available at any of these entrances.
- Please remain home if you have been exposed in the past 14 days to someone diagnosed with COVID-19, if any health care provider has advised you to quarantine, or if you have any of these symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath.
- Prayer requests submitted in advance via the church website will be read during the service.
We look forward to worshipping our Lord and Savior with you this weekend! Please call the church office if we can be of any assistance to you.