SEE YOU IN CHURCH!
I’m looking forward to a great weekend of worship here at Hope, and I encourage you to make plans to join us. You can worship either online or in person every weekend.
- To worship online, visit the church’s website (www.hopelutheranwf.org) and click on “worship resources.” You can watch one of the Sunday services live-streamed (8:00 AM or 11:00 AM), or you can watch a recording of the 8:00 AM service at any time during the week.
- If you’re not currently scheduled to participate in one of the in-person weekend services, we ask you to sign up in advance. Our 8:00 AM service is filled currently; but there’s room at the Sunday 9:30 AM & 11:00 AM services, and at the Saturday 5:30 PM service. Call the church office, or send an email (
) by Friday noon. Once you’re “on the list,” you’ll not need to sign up again every week. Face masks and social distancing measures are required throughout the services, for everyone’s safety.
MISSING OUT ON COMMUNION?
Church members are welcome to participate in our midweek ten-person Communion services. Sign up in advance (www.hopelutheranwf.org/worship-resources) for the services next week, Wednesday 6:00-6:15 PM, or Friday 10:00-10:15 AM. Face masks and social distancing are required. Guests are asked to speak with one of the pastors prior to communing.
NEW STEPS FORWARD
With the state’s Mass Gathering Limit for indoor events recently increased to 25, we’re going to be taking some steps forward in reopening our ministry events here at Hope. Hallelujah! Social distancing measures, enhanced cleaning procedures, and other safety precautions, will be utilized, and masks will be required for all participants.
- Children’s Church for age 3 to grade 4 will resume during all worship services, beginning October 3-4. Visit the website (www.hopelutheranwf.org/children) for details.
- Sunday School for youth (grades 5-6, 7-8, 9-12) will resume on Sunday, October 4 at 9:30 AM. Advance sign-up is necessary (register here).
- Several of Hope’s small groups and ministry teams will resume in-person meetings next month, while others are continuing to meet via Zoom. The church staff is working through the in-person meeting schedule and logistical details with group and team leaders. Communicate with your leaders for updates on your group or team.
- Sunday School for adults will resume on Sunday, October 11 at 9:30 AM. Advance sign-up is necessary (learn more here).
LUTHERAN WITNESS SUBSCRIPTIONS
The monthly publication of our national church body, Lutheran Witness, speaks directly about what's important to today's Lutherans. To subscribe, contact Amy Elder at
by October 16. The cost of the magazine is $12.95.
I apologize for sharing incorrect information with you last week. Hope’s Xplore trackout ministry program is looking for an assistant teacher, not a part-time bookkeeper. If interested, contact Erin Ames (
Through all these weeks and months since March, many of Hope’s members have been able to faithfully support the ministry work of the congregation with their gifts and offerings. Some are bringing their offerings to in-person worship services, others are using electronic transfer options, and others are mailing in their envelopes. To all of you, a sincere word of thanks and gratitude for your generosity, and for enabling our church’s finances to remain relatively stable during these turbulent times.
Login/Register to leave comment