The people of Hope Lutheran Church are committed to making a positive, joyful, caring impact on the community around us.
As Jesus Christ has blessed our lives in countless ways, we seek to be a blessing to others, in turn. Hope's mission statement states it this way: "The people of Hope Lutheran Church proclaim and live the Word and love of Christ." As a church, we are outward-focused in many ways. We believe that Christ's word and love
Local Missions News
- Hurricane Ida Donations. Please bring to Hope by 9/12: Canned / dry food, Beef Jerky / Canned Meats / Spam, Nonperishable Food & Snacks, Toilet Paper, Diapers - Newborn Size 7 / Baby Wipes, feminine products, New Socks / Underwear (all sizes), Flashlights / Batteries, Heavy Duty Trash Bags, N95/N100/P100 Masks, Work Gloves.
- Hope Chest. This ministry offers free clothing a few times during the year, with all items donated by the people of Hope. Items go directly to people who need them most in Wake Forest and surrounding communities. Learn more about donating or volunteering!
- Habitat for Humanity Trip to Mitchell-Yancey Counties of NC. On October 4-8, Hope is sending a team of volunteers to Spruce Pine, NC to help with construction of a new home. The trip is open to all men & women over the age of 18 and the cost is $125. No previous construction experience is necessary. A willingness to help and a desire for fellowship is all that is required. Habitat is requesting that all volunteers at the job site be vaccinated for COVID-19. Non- vaccinated participants will be required to wear a protective mask at all times. A brief information meeting will be held after the 11:00 AM service on August 22 on the Adult Education floor. Questions? Contact Don Yakopcic at 919-609-0675 or .
- To learn more about the seventeen local missions, see our comprehensive list.
Mission Trip Opportunities
No special requirements are needed to attend any trip - just a servant's heart. Hope's mission trips are committed to providing opportunities for he people of Hope to share the love of Christ with those in our state, country, and world.
- Disaster Response in NC
- Habitat of Western NC
- Puerto Rico Roof Project
- Youth Trips (7 & 8 Grade, High School)