The people of Hope Lutheran Church are committed to making a positive, joyful, caring impact on the community around us.
As Jesus Christ has blessed our lives in countless ways, we seek to be a blessing to others, in turn. Hope's mission statement states it this way: "The people of Hope Lutheran Church proclaim and live the Word and love of Christ." As a church, we are outward-focused in many ways. We believe that Christ's word and love
Local Missions News
- Disaster Response. Volunteers are needed for a home rebuilding project near Jacksonville, NC on Wednesday, June 16 and Saturday, June 19. A family home was flooded after Hurricane Florence in 2018, and is still in need of repairs. For information, or to volunteer, contact Pastor Wayne.
- Disaster Response Training Class. Are you interested in serving as a disaster response volunteer? Would you like to feel more prepared if a natural disaster hit our region, state, or community? You're welcome to attend a Lutheran Early Response Team (LERT) training course at Hope on Saturday, July 10. Basic training in disaster response service, and fundamentals of disaster preparedness, will be covered, along with an introduction to service opportunities at Hope. the session will be 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM, with lunch provided. Cost is $20, and advance registration is required.
- Brown Bag Ministry meets the third Saturday of each month to bring food and Bible verses to our neighbors in Wake Forest. There are many ways to get involved: pray for the community served & volunteers, create Bible verse notecards to be included in each lunch, financial donations welcome (add "Brown Bag" in memo line), volunteer to pack & deliver lunches on the 3rd Saturday of the month. Sign up here! Questions? Please contact Nancy Repak at .
- To learn more about the seventeen local missions, see our comprehensive list.
Mission Trip Opportunities
No special requirements are needed to attend any trip - just a servant's heart. Hope's mission trips are committed to providing opportunities for he people of Hope to share the love of Christ with those in our state, country, and world.
- Disaster Response in NC
- Habitat of Western NC
- Puerto Rico Roof Project
- Youth Trips (7 & 8 Grade, High School)
Kenya Missionary: DCE Krista Young
Pray for DCE Krista Young, serving the Lord in Africa, based in Nairobi, Kenya. Our congregation helps sponsor an overseas missionary, as part of our overall mission. Krista is a former DCE from Hope and now serves through the LCMS in Africa, along with her husband Joel.
- See Krista's video from the Missions Festival in January
- Learn more about the Young Family at lcms.com/young or follow Krista on Instagram at @kyoung29.