NC Disaster Relief Efforts
Hope volunteers will be making several trips in 2020 to continue helping to rebuild homes that were flooded and damaged by Hurricane Matthew, Florence, and Dorian in recent years. Volunteers (18 and above; 16 and above with parent/guardian) can work all five days, or whichever days preferred. For further information, contact Pastor Wayne Puls at or DCE Steve McCarthy at . Dates and locations are TBD.
How Can You Help?
- Pray for hurricane victims, and those displaced from their homes by ongoing river flooding.
- Make a special donation to Hope’s Disaster Response Fund, and know that your contribution will benefit our neighbors in need – mark your check accordingly.
In the Media
- Read a thank you letter from Pastor Ed Grant.
- Update from Southeastern District with hurricane relief efforts
- Photo gallery of relief efforts at Hope and across North Carolina
- "Bringing Help and Hope after the Hurricane" LCMS Reporter
- "As the waters rise in North Carolina, neighbors arrive to help" LCMS Reporter
- Video taken as the Orphan Grain Train delivered LCMS hurricane relief donations to be temporarily stored at Hope