Welcome to Xplore! We Can't Wait To See You!
Below is some information regarding lunch, drop-off/pick-up, and what to pack that will help you get ready for the best camp experience possible. Questions? Contact Erin Ames, Family Program Director, at or 919-554-8109.
The camp day runs from 8:00am – 5:00pm. Early Care Drop Off is from 7:30 – 8AM ($25 per week or $7 per day) or Late Care Pick Up is from 5:00-5:30PM ($25 per week or $7 per day). If you need 7:30am early care and have not yet registered for it, please contact me as soon as possible so that we can make arrangements for your child.
- Morning Drop-off: In an effort to make the drop-off time frames more convenient for parents, we offer a “rolling” drop-off time between 8:00am and 9:00am. We request that parents park their cars and walk their children into the double doors under the covered walkway next to the roundabout and sign their children into camp at the sign-in/out table inside the foyer doors between 8:00am and 9:00am.
- Afternoon Pick-up: We request that parents please park their cars and pick-up their children at the same location as morning drop-off. We will offer a “rolling” pick-up time from 4:00pm until 5:00pm so that parents are able to pick up their children at a time convenient for them. A sign-in/out table will be located in the foyer just inside the double doors under the covered walkway.
- Due to church functions that take place in the evenings in the same room as our new Xplore Camp location, we do not offer late care past 5:30pm. If you are late picking up your child, there will be a $1.00 fee charged for every minute past 5:35pm and this fee is due at the time of pick up. If you are running late, please do not hesitate to contact us via the church office at (919) 554-8109.
- Early Pick-up (Picking up before 4pm): If you would like to pick up your child before 4pm, please notify the teacher of the pick-up time when you drop your child off in the morning. When you arrive, please go to the main Church Office so that we can coordinate having your child brought to you. Please understand that we are constantly moving from playgrounds to youth centers to art rooms, and that we will not be in our designated pick-up location until 4pm.
PayPal invoices are emailed on a weekly basis. If you prefer to pay by check, please drop your check in our lockbox located on the wall next to the camp sign-in/out table or they can be mailed to Hope Lutheran Church, ATTN: Track Out, 3525 Rogers Road, Wake Forest, NC 27587.
MEDICAL AUTHORIZATION FORMS
If you are new to the program or have medical authorization forms that have expired, new forms will be mailed to you or picked up in our office. PLEASE notify us right away if your child’s medical information has changed so that we can get you new forms. They will need to be completed and returned by the first day of camp.
WHAT TO BRING TO CAMP:
- Backpack with a complete change of clothes
- PEANUT FREE & TREE NUT FREE Lunch & 2 Snacks (No nuts of any kind, No Nutella, No peanut butter, No granola bars with nuts. THANK YOU!)
- Refillable Water Bottle
- Warm coat or Jack
- Personal items brought from home will be the campers responsibility to keep up with. Please no electronics!
- As a reminder, Hope Lutheran Church is a PEANUT FREE & TREE NUT FREE facility. Please send your child to camp with a nut free lunch and two nut free snacks.
- We go outside every day. It is important for campers to have adequate food & water to last throughout the entire day of camp.
- We will take weather permitting, daily walks to the Smith Creek playground and soccer fields, go on our Basketball Court and to the Playground; therefore, please be sure to send in weather-appropriate clothing and tennis shoes with your camper.
DAILY WATER PLAY: (MEMORIAL DAY – LABOR DAY)
Campers need to be able to change in/out of clothing on their own in private, designated girl/boy bathrooms. Water Play is an optional activity but any camper who wishes not to participate will still remain with the whole group outside. Please note that we will only have water activities on weather permitting days. Water play is on Monday & Friday mornings and Tuesday , Wednesday, Thursday afternoons.
Please send your child(ren) with…
- 1 piece bathing suit (boys need a shirt)
- Shoes that can get wet (campers MUST keep shoes on their feet at all times)
- Sunscreen that they can apply themselves
- Refillable water bottle
Water Play is a big hit and we don’t want anyone to miss out on all the fun!