In a sermon last month, I asked the congregation, “What do you see when you drive to church?” What I see are new homes being built everywhere, and new developments on almost every road that I drive. New people are streaming into Wake Forest and the surrounding area.
It’s apparent to me that God is putting an incredible Opportunity into Hope’s hands these days: “Reach these community newcomers for Christ. Help them come into the Kingdom of God.” What is Hope going to do with this opportunity?
Hope’s staff and lay leaders have been talking a great deal about the community growth we’re seeing around us. We’re not looking to make Hope into a mega-church, or to change the congregation’s character and style. Our VISION is, very simply, to reach more people in our community for Christ, and to help more people in our community come into the Kingdom. Do you share this vision?
To seize this opportunity, and achieve this vision, Hope’s ministry PLAN for 2018 and beyond has three key points.
- Focused Ministry Priorities: keep doing what we’re already doing well, but also intentionally aim publicity and outreach efforts at community newcomers.
- Strengthened Ministry Staff: in January we’ll be asking the congregation to extend calls to both of our DCE Interns, and to make them by next summer permanent members of our ministry team.
- Increased Ministry Support: we’re challenging Hope members to increase prayers, increase participation, and increase generosity in giving.
Thanks to all of the church members who provided feedback on the cards that we distributed during the worship service. Your support, encouragement, and input are all valued greatly!
We’re getting started right away on reaching out to community newcomers, and you’re invited to join in. December is a perfect time to welcome people to our church. Think about a friend or new neighbor whom you could invite to one of these joyful, Christ-centered events.
- Family Service “My CHRISTmas” (12/3, 12/10, 12/17; 10:49 AM)
- Live Nativity (12/9 6:30 PM; and 12/10, 7:00 PM)
- “A Time for Hope, Joy & Love, Peace!” Christmas Canata (12/10, 8:30 & 11:00 AM)
- “The King and Me” Sunday School Pageant (12/20, 7:00 PM)
- Christmas Eve Services (12/24; 3:00, 5:00, 7:00, 9:00, 11:00 PM)
God give us joy as we work together on this PLAN to achieve the vision and seize the opportunity!
Pastor Wayne Puls