Hurricane Florence Relief Efforts
As a caring church community, our thoughts and prayers are with those impacted directly by Hurricane Florence. Right now, many people in our state desperately need help. Our compassionate God will definitely use Christians like us, in powerful ways, as we share care, love, and hands-on assistance in the name of Jesus.
How Can You Help?
- Pray for hurricane victims, and those displaced from their homes by ongoing river flooding.
- Sign up to receive updates on upcoming volunteer mission trips and work days in North Carolina by completing the form below.
- Make a special donation to Hope’s Disaster Response Fund, and know that your contribution will benefit our neighbors in need – mark your check accordingly.
- Since Hurricane Florence hit our state in September, Hope has been sending volunteers to St. Paul Lutheran Church in Havelock to help clear downed trees in their community. A group from Hope will be working in Havelock in early January. If interested, please let Alex Schandert ( ) know ASAP, or speak with Pastor Wayne.
In the Media
- Update from Southeastern District with hurricane relief efforts
- Photo gallery of relief efforts at Hope and across North Carolina
- "Bringing Help and Hope after the Hurricane" LCMS Reporter
- "As the waters rise in North Carolina, neighbors arrive to help" LCMS Reporter
- Video taken as the Orphan Grain Train delivered LCMS hurricane relief donations to be temporarily stored at Hope