The Season of Lent at Hope Lutheran Church
Wednesdays evenings beginning March 1 at 7:00PM
Weekend services: Saturday at 5:30pm, Sundays at 8:30AM, 10:49AM, & 11:00AM
What does the cross of Jesus have to do with your life? We all know that Jesus died on Good Friday. But what, exactly, are we supposed to believe about his crucifixion? More importantly, what impact can the cross really make on the way we face life’s struggles and problems? What influence does the cross of Christ have on our faith, our sense of hope, our church? What about our eternal destiny? This year’s Lent sermon series, “CHRISTCROSS” (Saturdays, Sundays, & Wednesdays) will shine a spotlight on the cross of Christ. We’ll explore its meaning for our day-to-day living, and its power for God’s purposes in our world today.
Dates To Remember...…
- Shrove Tuesday Pancake Dinner: February 28 from 5:30-7:00PM (learn more)
- Ash Wednesday: Wednesday, March 1 at 7:00PM
- Wednesday Lenten Dinners: starting March 1 from 5:30-6:30PM
- Mid-Week Lenten Services: starting Wednesday, March 8 at 7:00PM
- Palm Sunday: Sunday, April 9, all services
- Maundy Thursday: April 13, 7:00PM service
- Good Friday: April 14, 7:30PM service
- Easter Vigil: Saturday, April 15, 7:30PM service
- Easter Sunday: April 16, 6:30AM, 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00AM
Lenten Dinner Menu
The Men of Hope will provide a meal prior to each midweek Lenten service, starting March 1 from 5:30-6:30PM. A free-will donation will be received. Proceeds benefit Men of Hope service projects.
- March 1 - The Pontius: Grilled cheese, tomato, and bacon sandwich served with chicken noodle soup and salad.
- March 8 - The Centurion: Sausage, peppers, and onion sandwich served with pasta faggioli soup & salad.
- March 15 - The Simon Peter: Turkey, bacon, & tomato sandwich served with Italian wedding soup & salad.
- March 22 -The Barabbas: Ham & Swiss cheese sandwich served with fresh vegetable soup & salad.
- March 29 - The Disciple: Egg salad & bacon, or pimiento & bacon sandwich, served with ham & bean soup & salad.
- April 5 - The Psalm: Meatball parmigiana sandwich served with chicken and rice soup & salad.