The Season of Lent at Hope Lutheran Church
Wednesdays evenings at 7:00PM
Weekend services: Saturday at 5:30PM, Sundays at 8:30AM, 10:49AM, & 11:00AM
Join your church family for a challenging sermon series, “Your Redeemer’s Conflict,” in the weeks ahead, on Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM and at weekend worship services. We’ll be exploring the incredible story of Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane, and delving in to the many life applications of these sacred events.
LENTEN DINNER MENU
The Men of Hope provide a meal prior to each midweek Lenten service from 5:30-6:30PM. A free-will donation will be received. Proceeds benefit Men of Hope service projects.
- March 7 -The Barabbas: Ham & Swiss cheese sandwich served with fresh vegetable soup & salad.
- March 14 - The Disciple: Egg salad & bacon, or pimiento & bacon sandwich, served with "Simon Nugent's Famous Ham and Bean Soup" & salad.
- March 21 - The Psalm: Meatball parmigiana sandwich served with chicken and rice soup & salad.
Holy Week & Easter
March 25, all services
A joyful Children's Procession at each service helps us remember Christ's triumphant entry into Jerusalem at the beginning of Holy Week. Palm branches will be distributed to each worshipper.
March 29, 7:00PM; Service of Holy Communion & Stripping of the Altar
As Jesus gathered with his disciples for a Last Supper before he was crucified, so we gather around the Lord’s Table on this holy night.
March 30, 7:30PM; Tenebrae Service of Darkness
One of the most moving and eloquent worship hours of the whole year. We hear the seven “Words from the Cross” that Jesus spoke, and remember soberly the suffering and torments of Calvary.
Saturday, March 31, 7:30PM; Easter Vigil Service
This ancient, traditional worship service provides a dramatic “bridge” between the pervasive gloom of Friday and the explosive joy of Easter Sunday. A brief service of Baptismal renewal precedes a joyful, no-holds-barred celebration of Easter victory.
April 1, 6:30AM, 8:00AM, 9:30AM & 11:00AM
Hope’s celebration of the Lord Jesus Christ’s resurrection from the dead will remind us all of the meaning and power of Easter for our everyday living as God’s people. This glorious day begins with an outdoor Sunrise Service of Holy Communion, with special music led by the Praise Team. Three festival services will follow, in the worship Sanctuary, with special music led by the Handbell Choir, Senior Choir, and Brass Ensemble.
The Sacrament of Holy Communion will be celebrated at three of the four Easter Sunday services (6:30, 8:00, and 11:00AM), and also at the Easter Vigil service (Saturday, 7:30PM). At the 9:30AM Easter Sunday service, we’ll focus especially on the new life given to Christians in the Sacrament of Baptism, as we remember and renew our Baptismal vows.
- Easter Lilies will adorn the chancel on Easter Sunday. You may sign up to purchase a lily in honor of or in memory of a loved one. The sign up sheet will be at the Welcome Center and the cost of lilies is $11 each.
- EGGSTRAVAGANZA: Saturday, March 31 from 10:30-11:30AM. You are invited to Hope’s Eggstravaganza filled with music, an egg hunt, and a devotional. Friends, family, and neighbors of all ages are welcome. Please bring 12 pre-filled eggs for each child participating in the egg hunt. Questions? Contact Beth Agner at or 919-554-8109.
- The Easter Cross of Flowers will be placed on the church lawn for Easter Sunday. All worshippers are invited to bring one flower (any color, any style) and place it through the wire mesh on the cross before entering the service. It's a great spot for Easter Sunday family photos, a tradition for many families!
- Easter Sunday Entrance/Exit: Easter Sunday is a busy, lively day here at Hope! Worshippers who arrive early (prior to 10:35AM) for the 11:00AM service will enter the building through the Children’s Center entrance. You’ll be invited to enter the Sanctuary as soon as the 9:30AM service concludes. This will help to create a more worshipful atmosphere for those in the overflow Narthex seats at the 9:30AM service. Thank you!
- Easter Morning Reception: The Fellowship Team will be hosting an Easter Morning Reception after the 8:00, 9:30, & 11:00AM services. Please consider bringing plated and ready-to-serve brunch goodies (baked goods, pastries, bagels, fruit, muffins, coffee cake, and lunch items after the 11:00AM service) and apple juice and come join in the fun!